Wednesday, July 15, 2009

I'm tired of "Crying Lightning"

I love that you are playing the game, no doubt you are and i love it and i hate it, i'm tired, i'm bullied and I'm hurt...

Arctic Monkeys latest single from their third album Humbug sum it up...

I'm gonna sue Alex Turner for copying my decades hairdo ;P



Outside the cafe by the cracker factory
You were practicing a magic trick
And my thoughts got rude as you talked and chewed
On the last of your pecan mix

I said your mistaken if your thinking that I haven't been caught cold before
As you bit into your strawberry lace
And then I found your attention in the form of a gobstopper
Is all you had left, and it was going to waste

Your pastimes consisted of the strange,
And twisted and deranged
And I love that little game you have called crying lightning
And how you like to aggravate the ice-cream man on rainy afternoons

The next time that I caught my own reflection it was on its way to meet you
Thinking of excuses to postpone
You never look like yourself from the side
But your profile does not hide the fact you knew I was approaching your throne

With folded arms you walked aside the bench like toothache
Saw them puff your chest out like you'd never lost a war
And though I tried not to talk for the indignity of a reaction
There was not cracks to grasp, or gaps to claw

And your pastimes consisted of the strange,
And twisted and deranged
And I hate that little game you have called crying lightning
And how you like to aggravate the icky man on rainy afternoons.

Uninviting, but none of us impossible as everyone assumes you are
Crying Lightning

Your pastimes consisted of the strange,
And twisted and deranged
I hate that little game you have called
Crying lightning, Crying lightning,Crying lightning, Crying lightning

Your past-times consisted of the strange,
and twisted and deranged,
And I hate that little game you have called, Crying.....